Alina Spatz is currently studying Graphic Design at the Rhode Island School of Design (class of 2023.5) with a concentration in Computation, Technology, and Culture and designing for Brown Political Review. She is interested in news media, editorial and communications design and creative coding.
Alina moved to the United States from Stupino, Russia when she was 10 years old. To cope with the culture shock she began making art, and it quickly became an invaluable tool of communication and expression. This unique perspective has allowed her to always keep an open mind and find understanding in every situation.
Alina can be found in Providence, RI or Nashville, TN. She is also a coffee connoisseur and loves spending time with her cats ︎
- Design Intern at Foreign Affairs Magazine Designer at Brown Political Review
- Civic Innovation Corps Design Fellow at Coding it Forward
Digital Organizing Intern at Planned Parenthood
- Digital Media Intern at the Tennessee Democratic Party
- RISD Biomaterial design course teaching assistant
- Freelance work in web design, branding, animation, & illustration.
“Is There a Future for Russian Independent Media?” article for The Nation [06/29/2022]
RISD Honor Student [3.9 GPA]
Scholastic Art & Writing 2020 national silver medal
Seal of Biliteracy in Russian
WCS Art Show at the Frist Museum Nashville [2019, 2020]